The World War II Photo of the Week
for 3 January 2005
|Artillery Lane ...|
A pair of GIs stand by the sign erected by the 770th Field Artillery Battalion (attached to the 28th Infantry Division for the period December 24-29, 1944) on a five-mile stretch of road near Bastogne that's been named "Artillery Lane" because of the regular German shelling of the route. The photo was taken in early 1945, after the Battle of the Bulge.