The World War II Photo of the Week
for 21 October 2002
|Destruction Complete ...|
It's 5:10 in the afternoon on April 30, 1952, and the ruins of Hitler's former house on the Obersalzberg, named the Berghof, are blasted into oblivion by explosives placed by the Bavarian state government. All that remains as of this writing (2002), overgrown by vegetation, is the garage (the stone structure at right), as well as portions of the cellar.