HISTORY



THE AA PATCH (27 K)

About the Antiaircraft Patch
   Though generally not worn during their tenure in the ETO, during training at Fort Sheridan and Camp Davis, many members of the 225th wore the so-called AA patch on their left shoulder, especially on their dress uniform, but sometimes on their field dress. Technically, the patch of the Antiaircraft Command, the AA denotes "antiaircraft." Red, white, and blue, as in all insignia of the period, are the national colors. The patch was worn from 18 December 1942 through 6 March 1947.


BACK TO TOP OF PAGE

Click on the V-2
to Rocket to the Top!



[ Main Menu | Ten Hut! | Sign In! | First Aid | History | Members | Memories ]
[ Photos | Credits | Signals | Links | Allies ]
1942-1945
Contents & Layout © Copyright 1996-99,2000 Skylighters
Comments welcome at webmaster@skylighters.org